Ten days backpacker blueprint around the Himalayan silk route
From the temple town of Rewalsar to the hot springs of Kheerganga, with stop overs at Parashar Lake, Kasol, Tosh, Pulga, Chalal and a visit to the village of taboos, Malana. This is 10 days of raw rugged backpacking around the hot spots in the Himalayas.
Trip Date: 23rd Sept – 2nd Oct 2018
Trip Cost: Rs 14,000 + 5% GST = Rs 14,700/-
- All travel from Delhi and back.
- (3 to 6 in a room depending on room size).
- Entry fees if any.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
This backpacking trip will have a maximum of 15 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW Office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: email@example.com
Things to carry:
- Valid ID proof with address. (No college ID or PAN card)
- Essentials to pack.
- Board HRTC Volvo AC bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi to Bhunter at 20:30 HRS.
- Reach Bhunter around 8:30 HRS.
- Take a local bus to Jari 7km from Bhunter. Reach by 9:30 HRS.
- Check into our Campsite and Chill for the Day
- Post breakfast, take a taxi to the foot of the village of taboos Malana.
- Hike 3 km to reach the village.
- Remember not to touch anyone or anything in the village.
- Return back to Kasol by 17:00 HRS.
- Board a local bus from Kasol to Bharsheni which is a 2 hour bumpy ride.
- Hike from Bharsheni to Tosh 40 minutes hike.
- Spend night in a guest house in Tosh. (Weak cell phone network)
- Leave from Tosh by 08:30 HRS and start the hike to Kheer Ganga. (13km = 5-6 Hrs)
- Spend night in dormitory’s and take a dip in the natural sulphur hot spring. (No Network)
- Hike back from Kheer Ganga to the fairy forest village of Pulga.
- Reach Pulga and check into a home stay.
- Spend rest of the evening strolling through the village.
- Hike back to Bharsheni and board a local bus to Kasol.
- Reach Kasol by noon and check into our guest house.
- Post tea time, walk to the village of Chalal. (20 minutes)
- Spend evening on the banks of the river near Chalal.
- Take a Suv/tempo traveller to the high altitude Parashar Lake by 7:00 HRS. (84km = 3.5 Hrs)
- Post lunch, leave for by 14.00 Hrs Rewalsar,
- Check into our home stay overlooking the lake.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the temple town visiting the four monasteries and a Gurudwara.
- Last day in Rewalser spend the first half of the day, chilling by the Lake or shopping.
- Pack up and leave for Mandi Hrtc bus station by 16:00 HRS.
- Board a Hrtc Volvo AC bus from Mandi to ISBT New Delhi by 18:00 HRS.
- Reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi by 09:00 HRS.