12 days backpackers road trip around Kinnaur & Spiti Valley
A road trip through some of the most rugged roads and barren terrains to meet arguably the kindest people in the world. From living in wooden houses and having absolutely no network coverage, a trip to Kinnaur & Spiti Valley will surely take you back in time and help you reconnect with Mother Nature. By the end of 12 days you will surely find your self and much more.
TRIP DATES: 20th April – 1st May 2018
TRIP COST: Rs 23,000 + 5% GST = Rs 24,150/-
- 3 to 6 based on room size.
- Travel begins and ends at New Delhi.
- Entry Fee.
- Travel to and from Delhi.
This road trip will have a minimum of six backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Ankit Chaube : +91 8454961928
TLOW office: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum age requirement 18+
Things to carry along
- Valid Photo id proof with address & 5 photo copies.(No Pan card)
- Two pass port size photographs.
- Essentials to pack.
- Board a Tata AC HRTC bus from ISBT New Delhi to Rampur at 19:00 HRS.
- Reach Rampur by 09:00 HRS and check into our guest house.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing on the banks of the River Sutlej.
- Post breakfast, leave for the border village of Chitkul. (118 km = 4.5 Hrs)
- En-route explore the nomadic village of Rakcham.
- Visit the village temple and spend the rest of the day interacting with the friendly locals.
- Reach Chitkul around tea time and check into a guest house. (No Network Coverage)
- Spend rest of the day wandering through the village lanes and chill by the River Baspa.
- Post breakfast, leave for the town of Kalpa. (62km= 3 Hrs)
- Reach Kalpa by 14:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the town and the temples.
- Early morning start for the village of Tabo, to start off the road trip to Spiti Valley. (149 km = 4.5 hrs)
- Reach the village of Tabo by lunch time and check into our guest house.
- Post tea, hike to the meditation caves, wander through the arid village of Tabo.
- Post breakfast, visit the 1000 year old Tabo Monastery.
- At 10:00 HRS leave for the clif village of Dhankar. (32km drive)
- Reach Dhankar and check into guest house.
- Visit the cliff monastery and the Dhankar.
- Hike to the breathtaking Dhankar Lake. (3km hike)
- Post breakfast, leave for remote village of Demul. (30 km= 1 hr)
- Reach Demul by lunch time and check into our home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring this remote village or play a game of volleyball with the locals.
- After breakfast, leave for the village of Komik. (Highest village in the world) 22km drive
- Visit the village and the monastery of Komik.
- En route visit the village of Hikkim. (Highest post office in the world)
- Spend a night in our humble Spitian home stay in the fossil village Langza.
- After breakfast, leave for the hill monastery Key Gompa.
- Drive from Key Monastery to the village of Kibber.
- Post lunch, leave for the town of Kaza 19km drive.
- Check into a guest house and visit the local bazaar.
- Post breakfast, leave for the tiny village of Nako. (129km = 4.5 hrs)
- Reach Nako by 11:00 HRS and check into our guest house.
- Visit the beautiful village of Nako, lake and monastery.
- Spend rest of the day at leisure
- Leave by 06:30 HRS for the town of Rampur.
- Reach Rampur by 12:00 HRS.
- Board a TATA Ac HRTC night bus from Rampur to ISBT New Delhi at 17:00 HRS.
- Reach ISBT New Delhi by 08:00 HRS.