Seven days backpackers blueprint around Tirthan Valley
Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a 7 day backpacking trip around the lesser known Buddhist town of Rewalsar, the hidden high-altitude Parashar Lake in Mandi district and the upcoming backpacker hot spots of Tirthan Valley. For more information please read our detailed blueprint.
Trip dates: 5th – 11th August ’18 | 16th – 22nd Sept ’18
Trip cost: Rs. 10,000 + 5% GST = Rs 10,500/-
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 based on room size)
- All travel starts and ends at New Delhi.
- Entry Fees.
This backpacking trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW office 2: +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum age requirement 18+
Things to carry:
- Valid ID proof with address. (No college ID or PAN card)
- Backpack. (Mandatory)
- Essentials to pack.
- Board an HRTC AC bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi to Mandi at 18:00 HRS. (439km = 12 Hrs)
- Reach Mandi around 06:00 HRS.
- Take a local bus to Rewalsar, 23km from Mandi and reach by 07:00 HRS.
- Check into a monastery guest house overlooking the lake.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the many eateries, gurudwara and monasteries around.
- Post breakfast, leave for the high altitude Parashar Lake. (74km = 2.5 Hrs)
- Post lunch, leave for Tirthan Valley (114KM = 4 Hrs)
- Check into the homestay in the village of nagni and spend the rest of the evening at leisure next to the Tirthan River
- Post breakfast, start the trek for Great Himalayan National Park
- Trek for 4 Km to our campsite.
- Camp in the wilderness for the night.
- Post breakfast, hike back to the home stay in Nagni and get ready
- Leave for Jalori Pass by local bus(31 Km) and and Trek to Serolskar (10 Km)
- Head back by 16.00 Hrs
- Last day in Tirthan spend first half of the day wandering through the streets or shopping.
- Pack up and leave for Mandi HRTC bus station by 14:30 HRS.
- Board a HRTC AC bus from Mandi to ISBT New Delhi by 18:00 HRS.
- Reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi by 10:00 HRS.
For a similar experience, click here