Eight day backpacker’s road trip to Leh-Ladakh via Srinagar
Here is a blueprint to a road trip through the Trans-Himalayan region of Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, beautiful monasteries and funny road captions.
Trip Dates: 3rd – 10th June ’18 | 22nd – 29th July ’18 | 9th – 16th Sept ’18 | 14th – 21st Oct ’18
TRIP COST: Rs. 19,500 + 5% GST = Rs. 20,475/-
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
This trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers.
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee.
- Travel to Srinagar.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies. (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Backpack. (Must Have)
- Essentials to pack.
- Reach Srinagar by 15:00 HRS latest.
- Check into a Dal Lake house boat.
- Post tea, take a shikara boat ride around Dal Lake.
- Spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Leave early in the morning by 06:00 HRS for the town of Kargil by J&K SRTC local bus.
- Visit Sonmarg known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’.
- Lunch at Drass, the 2nd coldest inhabited place in the world.
- En-route have a magnificent view of the famous war peaks of Kargil – Tololing and Tiger Hill.
- Reach Kargil by 17:00 HRS and check into guest houses.
- Board an early morning bus from Kargil to Leh 216 km.
- Reach Leh around 14:00 HRS and check into our home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh.
- Leave early morning by car to the villages of Diskit and Hunder in Nubra Valley via Khardung La. (Highest motorable road in the World, 18,380 ft) – 150 km
- Spend night in guest house/home stay in the village of Hunder.
- After breakfast, pack up and head to the beautiful high altitude Pangong Tso via Shayok link road. (152 km = 4-5 hours)
- Reach the Tangsey home stay by lunch time.
- Post lunch, drive 30 kms and reach Pangong Tso by 15:30 HRS.
- Spend the rest of the evening chilling near the beautiful Pangong Tso.
- Return to the home stay around dinner time.Day 6
- Post breakfast, pack-up from Tangsey and head back to the town of Leh via Chang-La. (120km= 4-5 hours)
- Visit Thiksay – Hemis monasteries on the way to Leh.
- Reach Leh in the evening.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing in Leh.
- Last day in Leh, leisure day to do anything.
- Spend the day by visiting Tsemo – Leh Palace or
- Wander through the tiny lanes of Leh.
- Pack up and leave for Srinagar by jeep at 16:00 HRS.
- Reach Srinagar by 10:00 HRS.