Backpackers road trip around Leh-Ladakh via Srinagar in 10 days
Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a road trip through the Trans-Himalayan region of Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, beautiful monastery’s and funny road captions.
TRIP COST: Rs 22,000 + 5% ST = Rs 23,100/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be booked.
The trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers & a minimum of 6
For booking and more information please call on the numbers mentioned below.
TLOW Office: +91 84549 61928/+91 9004594935
Sherwin Rebello : +91 9833494963/+91 8275457702
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies (No Pan card)
- Backpack is mandatory on the trip.
- Essentials to pack
- Reach Srinagar by 15:00 HRS latest.
- Check into a house boat at Dal Lake for the night.
- Take a Shikara ride in the Dal Lake.
- Leave early in the morning by 06:00 HRS for the town of Kargil by local J&K SRTC bus via Sonmarg known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’.
- Lunch at Drass the 2nd coldest inhabited place in the world.
- Reach Kargil by 17:00 HRS.
- Check into a guest house.
- Board an early morning bus from Kargil to Leh 216 km = 8 – 10 hours.
- Check into an authentic Ladakhi home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh.
- After breakfast, leave for local sight seeing by car to visit Shey – Thiksay – Hemis.
- Return back to Leh in the evening.
- Leave early morning by Suv/ Tempo-traveller to the villages of Deskit and Hunder in Nubra Valley via Khardungla (Highest Motorable road in the World, 18,380 ft). 150 km = 4-6 hours.
- Visit the monastery in Diskit.
- Spend the night in a guest house in the village of Hunder.
- After breakfast, pack up and head back to Leh by same route, crossing Khardung La.
- En-route stop at the sand dunes, home of the double humped camels in Hunder.
- Reach Leh by 18:00 HRS. Check into the same home stay.
- Spend the rest of the evening in Leh or unwind in the home stay.
- Leave early in the morning for a 150km six hour drive by Suv/ Tempo-traveller to the splendid high altitude Pangong Tso
- Reach Pangong visit the lake and spend a night in the tents.
- Post breakfast, leave for the town of Leh.
- Reach Leh around lunch time.
- Spend the rest of the evening wandering through the lanes of Leh.
- Last day in Leh, leisure day to do anything or
- Spend the day by visiting Tsemo – Leh Palace.
- Pack up and leave for Srinagar by Jeep at 16:00 HRS.
- Reach Srinagar by 10:00 HRS.