Backpacker’s road trip with river rafting & camping: Kolad
The estimated reading time for this post is 1 minutes
Kolad is a village in Raigad district of Maharashtra. It is around 117 km from Mumbai on the National Highway No.17 . It lies on the banks of the River Kundalika.
The Kundalika River is one of the fastest flowing rivers of the south which makes it ideal for water rafting [10 – 12 km] and other adventure activities. Along with that, there are a couple of forts, dams and waterfalls which makes Kolad a good holiday destination with something to offer to everyone.
Trip Dates: 13th to 14th May | 27th to 28th May | 10th to 11th June | 24th to 25th June
Plan A (INR 2500)
- Travel: Ghatkopar – Kolad – Ghatkopar (17 seaters AC Tempo Traveller)
- Lunch: Misal Pav + Tea
- Evening: Tomato Soup + Maggi
- Dinner: Veg or Non-Veg BBQ
- Breakfast: Poha + Tea
- Rafting + Archery + Fishing
GST of 5% is applicable on the above cost.
Plan A= Rs 125
Plan B=Rs 150
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW office 1: +91 90045 94935
or mail us at: email@example.com
- Leave for Kolad from Ghatkopar at 12 noon in private vehicle (Tempo traveller)
- Reach campsite by 15:30 and have Misal Pav.
- Hang around campsite after 16:30. Visit the dam (optional). Visit the main river stream.
- The bonfire starts at 19:00. Soup will be made and served.
- Maggie will be made at 20:00.
- The barbecue will start at 21:30.
- Chill till sleep time.
- Wake up at 7:30.
- Move to Lal bungalow at 8:00 and enjoy sports.
- Get ready for rafting by 9:00.
- Start rafting at 9:15 after a quick introduction.
- End rafting by 12:30 and get into the vehicle.
- Reach campsite by 13:30 and packup.
- Leave for Mumbai by 14:30. (In between break for lunch, own cost)
- Reach Mumbai by 18:30 with lots of memories and new friends.