Backpackers’ blueprint around North Thailand in 8 days
25th Sept – 2nd Oct’ 18
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
From the nightlife in Bangkok to the vibrant night markets in Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai and most of all, a visit to the Kayan long neck tribal village. This is an eight day backpacking trip to the unexplored mountain region of Northern Thailand.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW Office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Age: 18 years.
- Valid Passport.
- 5 Passport size photos.
- 5000-7000 Bhat in cash. ( 1 Bhat = ₹2)
- Backpack. (Mandatory)
- Accommodation (3 to 6 in a room depending on room size).
- Internal Travel.
- Entry fees if any.
- Bike Rental. (2 on a bike + 200 Baht fuel)
- Air-fare to Bangkok & back.
- Visa. (2000 Baht on arrival)
- Food. (200-250 Baht/day)
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
- Reach Khao-san road Bangkok by 12:00 HRS and check into our guest house.
- Post lunch, walk around the block and explore the nearby Buddhist temples.
- Rest of the evening at leisure.
- Leave in the morning by 07:00 HRS for Damnoen Saduak Floating Market.
- Enjoy a paddle and speed boat ride through the busy canals of Bangkok.
- Return to Bangkok by noon.
- Post lunch, freshen up and leave for North-eastern bus terminal Mochit 2.
- Board a AC super deluxe bus from Bangkok to Chiang Rai by 21:00 HRS.
- Arrive in Chiang Rai by 10:00 HRS and check into our guest house.
- Post lunch, explore the town and Buddhist temples.
- Evening stroll around the vibrant night market and feast on the local delicacies.
- Post breakfast, rent scooter and explore North Chiang Rai. (125cc | 2 on a bike)
- Visit the Kayan Karen Long neck tribe.
- Karen elephant farm and the golden triangle.
- Return back to Chiang Rai post sun down.
- Post breakfast, another day with the scooter and explore south Chiang Rai.
- Hike to a waterfall in the jungle. (2 km hike)
- Visit the white temple. (Entry fee not included)
- Return back to Chiang Rai by 17:00 HRS.
- Post breakfast, walk to the bus station 700 m.
- Board a AC semi sleeper bus from Chaing Rai to Chiang Mai at 11:00 HRS. (199 km = 210 minutes)
- Reach Chiang Mai by 14:30 HRS and check into our guest house.
- Later in the evening, explore the town on foot.
- Visit the various night markets which have a great vibe and are excellent to shop, eat and drink at.
- Post breakfast by 9:00 HRS, we hop onto a Songthaew (mini truck) and explore Chiang Mai.
- First visit Wat Phra That (Buddhist temple) at Doi-Suthep mountain.
- Later drive to the remote Thai tribal village of Khun Chankian Hmong.
- Return back to Chiang Mai by 14:00 HRS
- Board an AC super deluxe bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok by 21:00 HRS.
- Reach Bangkok North-eastern bus terminal Mochit 2 by 08:00 HRS.
Here is a check list of things to have while backpacking to the Northern mountain region of Thailand from six to 15 days.
- Passport. (10 Copies)
- Five passport size photographs. (4×6)
- Proof of night stay booking.
- Confirmed return ticket.
- A rucksack of minimum 50-60L capacity. (Mandatory)
- A daypack of minimum 10-20L capacity (laptop bag) to move around with ease. (Mandatory)
- Power bank minimum 10,000 Mah. (Must have)
- One litre water bottle. (Must have)
- Neck Pillow (Optional)
Remember Thailand is paradise for shoppers so anything extra you carry from home is going to be unwanted load to move around with.
- Three-four short sleeve cotton shirts or T-shirts.
- Two half & one long pant.
- Three sets of undergarments and socks.
- UV protected sun glares. (Must Have)
- Cap. (Optional)
- Towel. (Optional)
- A pair of good walking shoes. (Must Have)
- Slippers or flip-flops. (Must Have)
- Umbrella or Rain cost. (Only from June to October)
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo sachets.
- Hand sanitizer, detergent soap sachets.
- Sun screen 20-30 SPF.
- Deodorant. Avoid glass bottle perfumes)
- Power board to charge multiple gadgets. (Must Have)
- Garbage bags to carry soiled clothes while travelling. (Must Have)
- Universal Adaptor. (Must Have)
Thailand visa can be done on arrival and cost 2000 Bhat ( ₹4000).
Sim cards are easily available at the airport.
Best exchange rate is offered in India itself. Roughly around 5000-7000 Bhat in cash is more than enough for the entire trip. (Visa + Food)