Backpacker’s road trip around Tawang in seven days
15th – 21st Oct’18 | 11th – 17th Nov’18 | 3rd – 9th Dec’18
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Here is TLOW’s seven day blueprint around the North Eastern Himalayan gem of Tawang also known as the land of Monpas. Our road trip starts off from Guwahati in Assam and goes all the way to the Indo-China border covering some of the most remote villages in Arunchal Pradesh.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW Office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Age: 18 years.
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies. (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- ILP for Tawang.
- Accommodation. (3 to 4 based on room size)
- Entry Fee.
- Day 1 Guwahati
- Reach Bomdila by 05:00 HRS.
- By 06:00 leave for the town of Dirang by shared sumo. (190km = 4 hours)
- Reach the high altitude river-side town and check into our guest house for the night.
- Post lunch, visit the river bank, town monastery and hot sulphur spring.
- Evening at leisure.
- Hop onto a shared sumo by 07:30 HRS for an adventurous and bumpy ride to the village of Tawang crossing the famous Sela Pass 13,746 ASL. (141km = 5 hours)
- Reach Tawang by 13:00 HRS and check into our guest house in the main market area.
- Post lunch, walk to the Tawang Gompa, the largest monastery in India.
- Also visit the museum and war memorial.
- Spend the rest of the evening, strolling through the market area.
- Post breakfast, leave for the high altitude lakes around Tawang.
- First visit the Indo-China border at Bumla.
- Then drive to the famous Shungetsar Lake also known as Madhuri Lake by the locals.
- On the return back, visit the majestic P.Tso lake.
- Return back to Tawang by 17:00 HRS.
- Spend the rest of the evening shopping in the flea market.
- Board the local APSTC bus by 06:00 HRS and return back via Sela Pass for a night halt at the town of Bomdila. (170km = 6 hours)
- Reach Bomdila by noon and check into a guest houses.
- Walk around this tiny town and experience the Buddhist life.
- Visit the Gompas or sit and watch the sunset or a game of football at the Buddha stadium.
- Last day in the Himlaya.
- Post breakfast wander around the streets of Bomdila or watch a game of football in the stadium.
- Board a semi delux non Ac bus from Bomdila at 15:30 HRS.
- Reach Guwahati by 06:00 HRS.
Here is a check list of things to have while backpacking to the North Eastern region of India for six to 15 days
- Valid ID proof with address’s (10 Copies) (No Pan Card)
- Five passport size photographs
- A rucksack of minimum 50-60L capacity. (Mandatory)
- A daypack of minimum 10-20L capacity (laptop bag) to move around with ease. (Mandatory)
- Power bank minimum 10,000 Mah. (Must have)
- One litre water bottle. (Must have)
- Neck Pillow (Optional)
- Three-four short sleeve cotton shirts or T-shirts.
- Two half & one long pant.
- Three sets of undergarments & socks.
- Sweatshirt (Must Have)
- UV protected sun glares. (Must Have)
- Cap. (Optional)
- Towel. (Must Have)
- A pair of good walking shoes. (Must Have)
- Slippers or flip-flops. (Must Have)
- Three fold mini umbrella
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo sachets.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Hand sanitizer, detergent soap sachets.
- Sun screen 20-30 SPF.
- Deodorant. (Avoid glass bottle perfumes)
- Power board to charge multiple gadgets. (Must Have)
- 15 garbage bags to carry soiled clothes while traveling. (Must Have)