Backpacker’s road trip around Tawang & Meghalaya in 10 days
23rd Nov – 2nd Dec’18
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Here is tlow’s 10 day backpacker road trip around the North Eastern regions of Arunchal Pradesh & Meghalaya. In 10 days we experience the cold weather of Tawang and the Monasteries in the region and then we move to the more colorful tropical plans of Shillong and Cherrapunji in Meghalaya.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW Office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: email@example.com.
Minimum Age: 18 years.
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies. (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- ILP for Tawang.
- Backpack. (Must Have)
- Accommodation. (3 to 4 based on room size)
- Entry Fee.
- Air-fare to and from Guwahati.
- Permit. (AP tourism office at Guwahati airport – Rs 450/-)
- Reach Paltan Bazaar Guwahati by 13:00 HRS.
- Board a Non AC semi sleeper bus from Guwahati to Bomdila by 16:00 HRS. (338km = 9 hours)
- Leave in the morning by 06:00 HRS to the town of Dirang by shared sumo. (190km = 4 hours)
- Reach the high altitude river-side town and check into our guest house for the night.
- Post lunch, visit the river bank, town monastery and hot sulphur spring.
- Evening at leisure.
- Hop onto a shared sumo by 07:30 HRS for an adventurous and bumpy ride to the village of Tawang crossing the famous Sela Pass 13,746 ASL. (141km = 5 hours)
- Reach Tawang by 13:00 HRS and check into our guest house in the main market area.
- Post lunch, walk to the Tawang Gompa, the largest monastery in India.
- Also visit the museum and war memorial.
- Spend the rest of the evening, strolling through the market area.
- Post breakfast, leave for the high altitude lakes around Tawang.
- First visit the Indo-China border at Bumla.
- Then drive to the famous Shungetsar Lake also known as Madhuri Lake by the locals.
- On the return back, visit the majestic P.Tso lake.
- Return back to Tawang by 17:00 HRS.
- Spend the rest of the evening shopping in the flea market.
- Board a shared sumo by 06:00 HRS and return back via Sela Pass for a night halt at the town of Bomdila. (170km = 6 hours)
- Reach Bomdila by noon and check into a guest houses.
- Walk around this tiny town and experience the Buddhist life.
- Visit the Gompas or sit and watch the sunset or a game of football at the Buddha stadium.
- Last day in the Himlayas.
- Post breakfast wander around the streets of Bomdila or watch a game of football in the stadium.
- Board a semi delux non Ac bus from Bomdila at 15:30 HRS.
- Day 7 Shillong
- Day 8 Cherapunji/ Mowlynnong
- Post breakfast, visit the living root bridge in the nearby village of Riwai.
- Later drive to the Indo-Bangladesh open border town of Dawki. (27km = 65 minutes)
- Spend the rest of the evening camping along the Umgnot River bank.
- Leave in the morning by 07:00 HRS for Guwahati.
- Drive directly from Dawki to Guwahati. (175km = 5 Hrs)
- Reach Guwahati Paltan Bazaar by 12:00 HRS.
Here is a check list of things to have while backpacking to the North Eastern region of India for six to 15 days
- Valid ID proof with address’s (10 Copies) (No Pan Card)
- Five passport size photographs
- A rucksack of minimum 50-60L capacity. (Mandatory)
- A daypack of minimum 10-20L capacity (laptop bag) to move around with ease. (Mandatory)
- Power bank minimum 10,000 Mah. (Must have)
- One litre water bottle. (Must have)
- Neck Pillow (Optional)
- Three-four short sleeve cotton shirts or T-shirts.
- Two half & one long pant.
- Three sets of undergarments & socks.
- Sweatshirt (Must Have)
- UV protected sun glares. (Must Have)
- Cap. (Optional)
- Towel. (Must Have)
- A pair of good walking shoes. (Must Have)
- Slippers or flip-flops. (Must Have)
- Three fold mini umbrella
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo sachets.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Hand sanitizer, detergent soap sachets.
- Sun screen 20-30 SPF.
- Deodorant. (Avoid glass bottle perfumes)
- Power board to charge multiple gadgets. (Must Have)
- 15 garbage bags to carry soiled clothes while traveling. (Must Have)